All SiteMonth Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a SiteMonth affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some fun legal stuff.
Last Modified: January 24, 2023
1. Commission Rates – Available commissions are set forth in the Affiliate Tool. Commissions may be based on either purchase or signup (not both), and purchase commissions may be calculated based on monthly or annual purchases at the rates set forth in the Affiliate Tool.
a. – For purchase commissions, you will receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
b. – The customer needs to be an active customer for the locking period in the Affiliate Tool.
c. – Commissions will still be counted if a user starts on one domain and then signs up or purchases on another SiteMonth domain.
d. – Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
e. – Cookie windows are stated in the Affiliate Tool.
f. – Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
g. – You cannot use affiliate links to refer clients you are servicing. You also can’t be a billing contact or user of the account referred.
h. – Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non payable event. If we suspect fraud (for example, if we see that signups are all from the same city or IP address) we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid – we encourage you to read the Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this.
3. Payments – Please note that all affiliate payments of $80 and above will be processed on the 1st day of each month.
4. Upgrades/downgrades – You do not receive additional commission if a customer upgrades to a higher tiered product in the future.
5. Attribution – In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
1. SiteMonth BrandingDo:
Capitalize the “M” in “SiteMonth”. You’d be surprised at how many times that doesn’t happen.
You must follow our Content Usage Guidelines below.
Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using SiteMonth (e.g. “Get rich quick with SiteMonth”).
Modify or adjust the SiteMonth wordmark or logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
2. What to call yourselfAs we have multiple ways to partner with SiteMonth and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the SiteMonth Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “SiteMonth Marketing Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”.
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with SiteMonth.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
3. Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with SiteMonth’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to SiteMonth.com or a standalone landing page).
Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
Purchasing SiteMonth yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase SiteMonth products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
You must be FTC compliant and disclose in a clear way before the affiliate link that you will receive commission if someone clicks through and purchases.